Friday, December 2, 2011

Tips From My Oldest Teammate - Countdown

My oldest teammate in the Halo series, Omri, has also broken into the top 100 at Halocharts.com. I asked him a few a questions regarding strategies for Countdown. To assist him, here is an image I've uploaded from within the game. It's a top view of the map containing a red and blue dot showing where both teams initially spawn.

                      Halo: Reach © 2011 343 Industries

Me: So Omri, what do you think about Countdown?

Omri: Well I like it, mainly because of its symmetry, symmetrical maps normally have the same weapon spawns mirrored on each side, making the match more fair than non symmetrical maps. In the end the better team usually wins.

How do you normally start of a match in Countdown?

At the start I normally run down the steps from our spawn and take the lift to sword. If for some reason I'm not able to get sword, I always have my trusty DMR with me. I would then look down at shotgun spawn but it's most likely going be taken by now. With only two power weapons in the whole map, there's not much you can do at the start besides try to establish top map control as soon as possible.

What do you think is the best strategy or the best setup for this map?

Well the best strategy would be to have top map control right from the start, like I said, that would easily give your team the advantage. The best setup would definitely consist of one teammate with a shotgun guarding the top lifts by balcony, and another teammate with sword watching the two other lifts by sword spawn. The other two teammates should be in watching over new weapon spawns and helping out with call outs. Countdown is all about top map control.

Thanks for your time Omri. See you on the game later!

No comments:

Post a Comment